Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Best of Rough One - James

March 2007
Here's the first entry into what I consider a tedious project. Creating these videos was nothing short of difficult, at least for me. I find thinking outside of the clear-cut boundaries of my personal 'box' a chore. But I think the best explanation for that is that I've never really tried. Thus this project. So, after coming to a stark realization that shooting only trees and no leaves, as well as only shadows, was to prove itself difficult, I decided that I needed a good challenge and I tackled it.
What you will find here is just a straight shot of the sun through the trees. This video serves two-fold as it's capturing a tree, but it's shadow, as well, as it falls on me, the viewer. There is nothing special about this video; no editing, etc.
-James Michaels
---Click on image to view video---